Hello there, and I’ve yet again been nominated via WordPress bloggers for another award. This time, it’s the ‘Lovely Blog Award’ and I’ve been nominated via the wonderful shehatesredlipstick.wordpress.com who actually runs and edits a magazine at my university which is wonderful! I’m actually being read and recognised by people who write professionally for the university, which is lovely. I only started this blog on a whim, and now here I am sitting on my laptop typing this, waiting for my lecture to start with a Starbucks next to me. They’d run out of Pumpkin Spice which is absolutely GUTTING because, let’s be honest, Pumpkin Spice Lattes make Autumn. As did Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, but they don’t do them anymore.
Anyway, I have to do this blog post, and it seems relatively straightforward. The rules are as follows:
Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog (check)
List the rules and display the award (It’s sitting on my TINY shelf in my new university room…)
Add 7 facts about yourself
Nominate 10 – 15 bloggers for the award, and comment on one of their posts to let them know (This will probably not be executed to the full, seeming as I don’t really know that many people who blog, but I’ll give it a good old crack).
So, for the fun seven facts about me:
- I’m a second year history student at the University of Warwick, and even though that doesn’t seem that exciting, Warwick is one of the best universities in the UK and I’m proud to be a student at the ‘University of the Year’ and one of the top ’50 under 50’ universities.
- My hometown was voted LAST in the UK for ‘heritage and culture’. Good going, Luton. We’ve got enough Greggs, Nandos and Chicken Cottages for a whole shire, yet where are our castles? Where is the decent shopping centre? Where is the HISTORY. Can you see why I had to leave Luton as soon as possible?
- If I was to play one character in a musical, it would be Sophie from Mamma Mia. And not just because we share the same name, but it just looks FUN. To quote the famous Cyndi Lauper (and now Sophia Grace and Rosie) hit, girls just wanna have fun.
- I like to call my wardrobe “browses in Topshop, purchases in Primark”. Currently, I’m wearing a jumper, jeans from the Boohoo sale, shoes that I stole from my sisters wardrobe and a scarf that my Mum bought years ago and nicked it off her.
- My favourite foods include salted caramel and pulled pork. But when Dad makes ‘chilli, rice and nachos’ at home, it’s my absolute favourite. It used to be lasagne but now, its lost its place in the ranking of favourite meals. Sorry.
- I only have a Youtube account to subscribe to Youtubers. One of the ‘big Youtubers’ in the UK went to my school which is very exciting. I’ve also been inadvertently in a Joe Sugg and Zoella videos, but that’s just by chance!
- The last book I read was the first novel in the Game of Thrones series, but before that I read ‘Bared to You’ by Sylvia Day which is more erotic than 50 Shades of Grey. Amazing.
And now for the nominations:
Well, that was a fun post and an excellent way to procrastinate from doing reading. Conveniently, I’ve done the first week’s worth of reading anyway, so in a few days time I will definitely be stressing about Week 2. Now for a song, and I’ll play the song that was playing as I was writing this in the atrium at University. It has absolutely no relevance to anything I’ve wrote in this but it’s a fun one. www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Abk1jAONjw
(I also didn’t know what to use for a cover photo, and Mary Poppins is lovely and practically perfect, so that’s the reason why the image makes no sense).